Sunday 28 November 2010

Days 17 - 24... the final frontier

I write this at Day 24.  The past week has flown by, food hasnt even registered that high on my agenda, and if anything, the thought that this plan finishes in a few days leaves me feeling like a prisoner about to be released from a life sentence - and by that I mean, the anxiety at what that world of freedom means.... I dont want to go back to eating what I was eating before... all that choice now in front of me again.

I havent missed potatoes, celeriac mash is a much finer alternative without that feeling that I might implode after eating it.  Bread has only been missed now and then, and the idea of eating it will be much more pleasurable than the reality of it.  I have missed cheese, but then who wouldnt!!!  But not so much that its made this feel difficult, because in all honesty... after the first week its been a breeze really...

As The Punisher and I were discussing during a resting moment in the gym,  that this plan is as much about Eliminating food as it is Eliminating emotional and cultural rituals and habits we have with our food.  We eat cereals in the morning only because Mr Kelloggs has brainwashed us to believe that his sugar riddled, processed grains are convenient, low fat and healthy.  We eat bread, pasta and potatoes because they are cheap to produce and process into convenient packages that fill us for for a while until our bodies want more.... and more... and more.

We wonder why we feel depressed and lethargic when most of our daily diet is just various forms of insulin-spiking sugar, wheat and processed white carbohydrates.  We dont always realise it but we eat so much Dead Food.

What we also dont realise are that there are so many alternatives.... but I'll save this for my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment