Sunday 28 November 2010

Day 28. Life changing....

28 days later and we are here at the finish line.  I emerge from this victoriously wheat, sugar, dairy, alcohol and caffeine free and feeling bloody good and also very pleased with myself.  I have not strayed from the path - not even stolen a chip from my kids plate!!

Things I have realised:

- I dont miss potatoes
- Bread is over-rated
- Lamb is probably the tastiest meat in the world
- You can never have TOO many eggs
- Success lies in making the effort to cook more, think more and be mindful of what's on the ingredient list.
- You will do it if you plan ahead, and prepare in advance
- You can stick to it AND eat out
- I have more willpower than I ever realised I had
- I will always miss cheese and chocolate.  There are some things in life that cant be replaced.


So I bet you are all thinking how is she going to celebrate?  Well, in complete honesty the last thing I want to do is go out and eat a massive meal full of all the things I've been cutting out... Can you imagine how that would feel now im purged of all those evil foods?

I may celebrate this week with a glass of organic red wine... or maybe even a square of dark chocolate, but to be honest I can take it or leave it.

This has changed how I want to eat.  Full stop.  Sure, I will have meals that are completely full of all the bad things... but its going to be an occasional thing, rather than an everyday thing.

The Punisher has recommended a new way of eating which is referred to as the Palaeolithic Diet.  For those of you wondering, this is how our ancestors would have eaten as 'hunter-gatherer' types.  Its very similar to what Ive already been eating, but with the addition of a few other bits and bobs to enhance variety.

This is how I will maintain now I have finished the elimination plan.  In order to keep sane, and after all, we all deserve a treat now and then, The Punisher recommends one meal a week where its a complete blow out... i.e go eat lasagne and chips if you want it and a tub of Ben & Jerry's for good measure... but then eat 'Paleo' for the rest of the 6 days of the week.

I plan on continuing the blog in this vain, and will also include recipes for some of the meals and alternative ways to eat things without going back down that slippery road to ruin....

To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. COngratulations!!!!!!! How Great do you feel right now????
    a huge acheivement hun x x x
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete